Rlogin fails after replacing /home
dazer
2007-06-18 20:30:25 UTC
I just recently upgraded the /home directory on an O2K. All
directories are replaced but when users rlogin to the system they get
the connection closed and a message that it can't determine the
current working directory. Anyone got some advice? Thanks
Gary Heston
2007-06-18 23:34:36 UTC
Post by dazer
I just recently upgraded the /home directory on an O2K. All
directories are replaced but when users rlogin to the system they get
the connection closed and a message that it can't determine the
current working directory. Anyone got some advice? Thanks
How did you "upgrade" /home? Have you verified the permissions on the
upgraded directories and files are correct?

Gary
--
Gary Heston ***@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Yoko Onos' former driver tried to extort $2M from her, threating to
"release embarassing recordings...". What, he has a copy of her album?
Walter Roberson
2007-06-19 02:15:15 UTC
Post by dazer
I just recently upgraded the /home directory on an O2K. All
directories are replaced but when users rlogin to the system they get
the connection closed and a message that it can't determine the
current working directory. Anyone got some advice? Thanks
Is /home a directory that a filesystem is being mounted upon?
If so then unmount the filesystem, and change the permissions of
the underlying directory to permit rx for any group that needs to
be able to access the /home . When you have a filesystem mount point,
the permissions of the underlying directory get examined!